This guidance is correct as of 16th September, however, could be subject to change if government guidance changes or as our venues see fit to do so.
Following close to Government guidelines, we are now ready to return to classes. To remain safe, healthy and socially distanced, we will have the following extra measures in place. All measures are however subject to change.
COVID-19 SYMPTOMS / TESTING
• If you have tested positive for COVID-19, have experienced coronavirus symptoms or have been in contact with someone who exhibits symptoms you MUST NOT attend classes and MUST self-isolate as per www.gov.uk guidance.
• If you exhibit symptoms or test positive for COVID-19 after you have attended a class, you MUST INFORM US IMMEDIATELY and you MUST self-Isolate as per www.gov.uk guidance.
• If a student presents with COVID-19 symptoms (new, continuous cough, loss or change of taste and smell or a high temperature) the Emergency Contact on the Attendance registers will be contacted. The student will be moved, if possible, to a room where they can be isolated, depending on the age of the child and with appropriate adult supervision. If it is not possible to isolate them, they will be moved to an area at least 2 metres away from other people. Face coverings will be worn by the teacher caring for the child while they await collection, if a distance of 2 metres cannot be maintained sent home. Once collected, they will be advised to follow the COVID-19: guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection guidance.www.gov.uk.guidance
• Where a student or teachers tests positive for COVID-19, all parents within that class environment will be contacted and advised to self-isolate for 14 days.
ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE PROCESS
• Staggered start and finish times are in place to ensure booking times are strictly adhered too. Gaps between classes to enable adequate cleaning time and for all students to leave before the next class.
• A one-way system for students to enter and exit is to be enforced. Entrance will be through the main entrance doors and exit will be through the FIRE EXIT doors onto the side pathway.
• No gathering or chatting inside the building. There is to be no congregating in the lobby area, please do this outside the building whilst practicing social distancing of 2 metres.
• Parents/Guardians are encouraged to wait in their cars or use the outside area at the front of the building until the students designated class time.
• Students under the age of 14 can be checked in by one parent/guardian. Parents/guardians are to leave immediately once the student has been signed in by the teacher.
• NO students are to enter the studio without a teacher present and ONLY students are to enter the studio.
• Parents/guardians are to collect children promptly from outside the FIRE EXIT door.
• Students are to arrive at the studio in their SW DANCE Academy uniform. Use of changing rooms will NOT be permitted. All personal property must be kept to a minimum, ONLY a light covering such as a coat is permitted.
• Students are to have a named water bottle in class, as access to the kitchens will NOT be permitted. Drinking from the water fountains will not be encouraged during class times.
• The wearing of a face covering is NOT mandatory however we encourage all students/teachers to bring a face mask to class in case of a medical emergency.
ATTENDANCE / TRACK & TRACE
• Student attendance will be managed at all venues via the Class Registers, should we need to contact you in case of an emergency and for the NHS Track and Trace requirement.
• Park Hall will have manual record keeping of attendance, detailing the name of the person and time of entry/exit. This must be completed at entry and when leaving the building by ALL students and teachers. This will be located in the lobby and exit areas with hand sanitising gel.
• Hand sanitising stations are available at all venues. Students will be encouraged to use before and after class.
• Students to be encouraged to have washed their hands before entering class.
• No more than the prescribed number of students are to take part in each class to comply with the 2 metre social distancing rules. This number is determined by the size of the studio floorspace.
• There will be no student / teacher contact work during classes and teachers will work within allocated areas
• SW DANCE Academy floor spots will be used to mark out the 2 meters required for social distancing during class times.
• Where possible, the internal doors will remain open to reduce contact points throughout the building.
• Where possible, windows throughout the building, including the toilets, will remain open to aid ventilation.
• Management of the toilet facilities and numbers using the facilities will be managed by the Teaching team.
• Sound Equipment to be played at a level that ensures neither students or teachers have to shout to raise their voice above the music.
• Use of communal equipment will be suspended until further notice, however if required students can bring their own resistance bands / stretching blocks as advised by the teacher.
• Regular cleaning before, between and after bookings will be in place.
• Cleaning materials and paper towels to be available for cleaning of high contact areas in-between classes as required.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE DURING THESE CHALLENGING TIMES.